Assisted Living Suites are for independent seniors who want or need a little assistance to enrich daily living. The services are provided by dedicated Elim Lodge staff and are fully described below. We invite you to consider one of our 12 Assisted Living Suites.
- 3 meals per day are served in the Dining Room
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Personal emergency call system
- Complete wheelchair accessibility
- Heat, power and water included
- Weekly bed linen and towel laundry change service
- In-suite Washer and Dryer for personal laundry
- Shaw Full Cable service is included
- Phone costs are not included
Safety & Security
- Smoke detectors in each suite
- Sprinkler system throughout the building and in each suite
- Fire alarm system is monitored 24 hours per day
- Controlled-access entries with “Key fob” entry system and video monitoring at every entrance
- Personal medical emergency response pendant; system has special features to assist the responders when they are called
- Equipped with sink, small fridge, microwave, top and bottom cupboards, and over-counter light
- Counter height and upper cupboards are lower than standard, for accessibility
- Room for a small table and 2 chairs
- Close to the Elevator
- Easy access to the Entry, Mailboxes, Dining Room, Craft Room and Beauty Salon
- Low-pile carpet in bedroom
- Easy-care, slip-resistant vinyl flooring elsewhere
- Elegant oak doors, cabinets and trim
- Lever-handle doorknobs. Delayed-action closers on suite entry doors
- Bright, energy-efficient lighting
- Accessible light switch height, with 3-way switches where necessary
- Window coverings included: 2” aluminum venetian blinds
- Large closets feature a rod and two shelves, lower than standard height for accessibility
- Most closet doors open to expose the whole width of the closet – no hard-to-reach corners
- In-suite Walker storage area
- Energy-efficient, front-load washer and dryer in each suite
- Wall-mounted air conditioner in living room
- Baseboard heating with in-suite thermostat
- Cable and telephone outlets in Living Room and Bedroom (monthly phone costs are not included)
- Residents can enjoy all Elim Lodge activities and recreation areas
- On-site mail delivery
| Floor Plans |
- Large, handicap-friendly rooms, suitable for walkers
- Handicap access bars where needed
- Low-step-over showers
- Showers suitable for shower bench
- Light in shower
- High-rise toilet
- Heat lamp on a timer
| Floor Plans |
- Single-lever faucets on all plumbing fixtures
- Bright, energy-efficient fluorescent lighting
- Large mirrors
- Bathroom doors swing out for emergency access
- Central ventilation system (no noisy fans)
These suites are available to residents of Elim Lodge and all other seniors who want or need access to the services being provided. Residents must still be capable of independent living, but want or need help with regular household chores such as housekeeping and linen/towel laundry, and appreciate the convenience and fellowship opportunity of receiving their meals in the dining room. Prospective residents are encouraged to have their names added to the short waiting list if they see the need approaching. Residents will be selected from this list on a first-apply, first-called basis. There is an application form to be completed.
As noted above, applicants must be capable of independent living with the help of the services we provide. Staff members are not qualified nor permitted to provide any nursing care or other personal care. These services are available through licensed providers such as Home Care, Saskatoon Home Support or LutherCare Home Help Services. Residents who have been assessed as requiring Personal Care services will not qualify for admission to Elim Lodge Assisted Living suites. For those who require such care, Elim Lodge Inc. operates a Personal Care facility at Hyde Park View. (306-373- 6333).
Elim Lodge is a non-smoking facility (even in your suite). No pets are allowed.
The monthly fees include the Assisted Living services listed below. Fees also cover the rental of the suite, taxes, common-area electricity, sewer and water, building and grounds maintenance, building insurance, Cable TV, and administration costs. Monthly telephone bills are paid by the resident. Fees cover one person living in a suite. There is an extra charge of $725 per month for the second person in the suite.
The Elim Lodge Inc. corporation is owned and operated by the Board of Directors. The Board is responsible for the governance of the corporation and delegates responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the corporation to the CEO and the management team. Elim Lodge Inc. is a Registered Charity in the province of Saskatchewan and issues income tax deductible Charitable Giving Receipts.
Suites range in price from $1,855-$2,580/month. Fees cover one person living in a suite. There is an extra charge of $725 per month for the second person in the suite.
| Contact Us |